You’ve just finished your job interview, so what’s next? Job seekers, particularly those who think they failed, don’t find a “Thank you” note is necessary. Nailed the interview or not, it’s important to let them know you appreciate being called in. Besides, who knows? Maybe this will give you another chance.
Consider these “Thank you” letter writing tips to add extra impression points to the hiring manager after your job interview:
- Don’t write ahead of time.
- Take notes during the interview so you can personalize your message.
- If you’ve interviewed by more than one recruiter, make sure you customize your message to each of them.
- Don’t send it through phone call, chat, or text message.
- Don’t be too informal. Avoid using emojis, emoticons, or abbreviations (i.e. LOL, TY, IDK, etc.)
- Include the position you’ve applied for.
- Write your message according to the personality of the hiring manager who interviewed you and the culture of the company.
- Recall the specific points you remembered in the message. Tell them what you’ve learned or how fun the interview was to you.
- Keep it succinct. Your future employer has only little time to read documents – including your note.
- Proofread and edit your work before sending it. A message with grammatical errors indicates your lack of attention to detail.
- Don’t forget to attach your business card or resume.
- Tell them when you’re going to follow up. For instance, you can say, “If I haven’t heard from you in 2 weeks, I’ll check in with you.”
- Send your message within 24 hours.
Just because your job interview is done, doesn’t mean you’ll only have to wait for the decision. Don’t stop making an impression there. You might think a “Thank you” letter is unnecessary but it can be your last ace to get past the interview and land the job of your dreams. So don’t let that chance get away; let this letter writing tips help you earn extra good impression points.
Let us help you secure a great future with our curriculum vitae writing services. Choose from basic, deluxe, premium, or ultimate CV services and you’re off to a good start! Every package has an incredible discount for a limited time only. Call us now!
Sources: Lynda.com | BusinessNewsDaily.com | WorkItDaily.com
Photo by Pixabay.com