Are you planning to apply as a product marketing manager? Great news! The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects a 10% increase in the number of jobs nationwide from 2016 through 2026. That’s far faster than the average of all occupations! Moreover, Glassdoor reveals that the national average salary of product marketing managers in the US is $113,049. With this, the competition is a lot tougher now. Thus, arm yourself with a powerful product marketing manager resume.
How to create one, though? Start by looking for a well-written product marketing manager resume example. This will give you a gist of what hirers expect from their applicants. Also, review the product manager job description, skills, and requirements to further understand the job.
Product Marketing Manager as a Career
Product marketing managers plan strategies and carry out campaigns on how they can bring interest in their products and services. To reach a certain market and achieve the plan, one must be able to do the duties of this job.
- Create and develop product campaign concepts for marketing
- Produce effective marketing plans
- Unearth new markets, reaching a wider scope for marketing (Market Research)
- Come up with a good plan for product positioning
- Connect with people to promote a product
To achieve these tasks, you need to have the skills fit for this role. Below are the skills that will help you thrive in this field.
Product Marketing Manager Skills
- People skills
- Creative thinking
- Business skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Problem-solving skills
Area of Expertise
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Sales Training
- Market Research & Analysis
- Product Management
Now, do you know how to include these details in your resume? Check out our product marketing manager resume example below and learn how we do it.
Product Marketing Manager Resume Example
What Makes an Effective Product Marketing Manager Resume Example
The product marketing manager resume example above has keywords vital in this field. Remember, your resume should portray your goal—get the job. Thus, heed these five resume writing tips to impress hirers.
- Highlight your skills. When branding yourself, make sure to use adjectives and power verbs to emphasize and resonate your key skills.
- Use the right resume type. There are various types of resume. So, effectively communicate your qualifications by using the best resume type for your job path.
- Keep it simple and clean. Putting irrelevant words will sway your reader’s attention away from the content. Thus, be clear and straightforward. Also, make sure your design is simple and focused on the content.
- Update your information. Remove all the obsolete details in your resume. Keep your info updated and tailored to the product marketing manager job description.
- Proofread. Before you submit your resume, make sure you have checked all the details. Ask your friends to read and critique it, too.
Kick Start Your Career with Us!
Are you ready to take on the role? Apply our resume writing tips and use the best product marketing manager resume example to write a good resume. Do you need help from an expert resume writer? Resume Professional Writers has a team of experts that can do the job for you. Get your resume in just 2 days with our best resume writing services! Contact us at 1 (800) 845-0586 to know more about our offers.